To use the chat area during an event, follow the steps below:
- Find the chat tab of the event area on the right side, then use the chatbox at the bottom to type your message.
- To mention an attendee, use the @ sign and type their name.
- You can add emojis by clicking on the emoji button in the message box. You can get more options by using the : sign, followed by the type of the emoji you want. For example :smile should bring up smile emojis.
- To add GIFs to the chat, use /giphy which pulls up the GIF option.
- Click on the Giphy command, add some text to find the GIF of your choice and hit send.
- You will get a preview of the GIF and the option to shuffle.
- Once you find a suitable GIF, hit send.
To like a chat message, hover on the message and hit the like button.
Note: If you experience issues receiving messages or accessing the chat this could be due to being behind a corporate firewall, using a VPN or a Web Proxy. Please have your IT department make sure the network ports and websites in our Network Connectivity Settings articles are allowed, also turn off any VPN or proxy server if possible, then try again.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance.