Incorporating Twitter into any segment of your event helps increase engagement on the platform. Your attendees discover your tweets which will foster discussions within the event segment.
What are the capabilities of the Twitter integration?
The Twitter integration allows you to add any type of feed that's supported by the Twitter API to any side panel in your event - reception, stage, sessions, expo booths. Supported feeds include:
- A collection: https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/timelines/539487832448843776
- A tweet: https://twitter.com/hopinofficial/status/1347158598053457921
- A profile: https://twitter.com/hopin
- A list: https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/lists/national-parks (see further instructions here)
- A Likes Timeline: https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/likes
- A handle: @hopinofficial
NOTE: #hashtag feeds are currently not supported.
How do I set up the Twitter integration?
- Select your organization on the left side panel of your Hopin account then select the Integrations tab, find Twitter, click on it and then click Install application.
2. Navigate to the specific area that you'd like to add a Twitter feed to in your event dashboard (e.g. Reception, Stage, Session, Expo), scroll down to Integrations, then add the Twitter handle or URL in the Twitter ID field, and Save at the bottom of the page.
3. Use the Preview Event button at the top right of the dashboard to go to your event. Then navigate to the specific event section (e.g. Reception, Stage, Session, Expo) to see your Twitter feed. Click on the Twitter tab in the side panel and you'll see your feed.
How do I remove a Twitter feed?
To remove a Twitter feed you can use either option below.
- Delete the Twitter link or handle from the specific area you'd like to remove it from, and hit Save at the bottom of the page (as per Step 2 above)
- Turn the integration off from the Integrations tab (as per step 1 above)
Note: Turning off the integration will remove all Twitter feeds from all events.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have questions or need assistance.