We’ve compiled some frequently asked questions regarding our upcoming Magic Links update which will be available for organizers on the Advanced plans beginning on April 5th, 2021.
Q: How are Magic Links changing?
A: Our magic links invitation feature will receive an update on April 5th. We’ve made some important changes to improve the flow and security for attendees by requiring an additional verification step. This update will require an additional authentication step for anyone who clicks on any magic links you create for your event.
Q: Why are you doing this?
A: With this update, we want to improve the overall user experience and security for events by adding an additional layer of verification. This will help ensure only individuals who receive a magic link from your organization are able to attend your events.
Q: When is the Magic Links update launching?
A: All organizers on advanced plans will have access to the Magic Links update on April 5th.
Q: Do I need to do anything for my event to accommodate this change?
A: No, you do not have to do anything manually as the change will take effect automatically for all event organizers on advanced plans beginning on April 5th.
Q: How does two-step verification work?
A: Here is an overview of how two-step verification will work for Magic Links after the update:
- The organizer creates a Magic Link for the speaker/moderator/attendee and the individual will receive a Magic Link invitation email to join the event
- Speaker/moderator/attendee clicks on the link in the Magic Link invitation email
- Speaker/moderator/attendee will land on an email verification page and a verification email will be issued to the user
- Speaker/moderator/attendee must click on the link in the verification email in order to register and join the event
- The verification link is active for 10 minutes. After this, the user will be issued a new link whenever they click on the previous verification link.
Q: How will this affect my speakers/moderators for my event? How will this affect my attendees?
A: All users who are issued a magic link will have to go through one additional step to verify their email address in order to access the event. Other than that, there will be no impact on the users
Q: What happens to old links I created with the older version of Magic Link?
A: The previously issued links will continue to work but will be updated to the new flow. This means that the user will have to go through the verification process in order to enter the event.
Q: What happens when a user clicks on a magic link several days or a week before the event? Where should they go to join the event?
A: A user who clicks on a magic link before an event can do the following to join an event:
- Go to their original email invite and click on the email verification link in that email and follow the steps listed.
- Or if they had already completed those steps and added the event in their calendar, they can simply go to their calendar entry and use the link in there to access the event.
Q: Can I keep using the older version of Magic LInk?
A: To improve the overall experience and security for organizers and attendees, the older version will no longer be accessible for any customers after April 5th. All previously created links will work correctly and all newly created magic links will be created with the updated version.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance.