Hopin was founded in 2019 by Johnny Boufarhat in London, United Kingdom. The platform began as a simple networking tool for matching people one-on-one but rapidly grew into a full-conference online events platform with Sessions, Stages, Expos, and more.
Today, Hopin is the first all-in-one live online events platform where attendees can learn, interact, and connect with people from anywhere in the world. Whether it’s a meetup of 100 people or a full-scale multi-track conference of 100,000 participants, Hopin’s a live video platform makes online events more personal and engaging.
Hopin is designed to replicate an in-person event experience, only without the barriers of travel, venues, weather, awkward wandering, parking, and so on. With Hopin, businesses, communities, and organisations can reach their global audiences, gather in one place, and make an enormous online event feel small again.
Hopin platform structure recreating in-person event experience
- Stage is where your presentations or keynotes become visible for up to 100,000 attendees. Broadcast live, play pre-recorded content or stream via RTMP - the Stage always delivers attendees the real conference experience.
- Sessions promote real-time live interactions. Up to 20 attendees can be on one screen with hundreds attendees watching and chatting. With unlimited Sessions that can run at the same time, it's a perfect place for roundtables, group talks, project-related discussions.
- Networking allows to get to know people on your event! Expand your network with random or ticket type-based matching and have engaging 1:1 meetings to connect with event attendees.
- Expo area is great for all kinds of exhibitions, such as trade shows or fairs, where event-goers can “walk around” to visit the booths that interest them, interact with the vendors, and take action. Each booth at your event can contain live video, branded content, Twitter links, pre-recorded videos, special offers, salespeople on live camera, and customized button CTAs.
Hopin compared to other digital platforms
- Video conferencing. There are good solutions available for video conferences for 2-20 participants, but once your meetings get to be over 20 people, Hopin’s “built for scale” venue approach provides a more engaging experience.
- Webinars. Webinars tend to be one-sided, unengaging, and passive. Hopin balances content with connection and puts the focus on real time face-to-face interaction between people.
- Virtual events. Many virtual event platforms can be outdated, cartoonish, and overly pre-packaged. Hopin revitalizes online events to be personal, flexible, sleek, modern, and efficient.
- Online communities. Facebook groups, Slack communities, email lists, and all the many ways people form communities online are missing an effective events-based platform for members to meet remotely, sustainably, accessibly, and collaborate meaningfully over live video.
Better connections for a better world.
We believe, when you bring people together in a meaningful and effective way, it creates a creative space where magic happens. We believe in creating better connections through events that don’t negatively impact our planet. Our aim is to give people the ability to bring their global communities together in a sustainable way. With Hopin, travel is irrelevant; everyone can attend events and build connections without harming the environment.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have questions or need assistance.